2018 Scholarship Opportunity Details!
Honor Scholarship: $750
Ultimate Scholarship: $1250
One of the biggest ways Section 705 Federal Credit Union gives back to our membership is through our scholarship opportunities each year. This form of giving back allows our members preparing for their careers to have a cushion. Getting a degree or certified in a trade is extremely important, but also expensive. The credit union understands that and wants to support you in making your dreams come true! Below are all the details of applying.
To Be Considered, the Student MUST:
- Be a Member in good standing with Section 705 Federal Credit Union.
- Be a Student. A high school graduating senior or current student enrolled for the Fall 2018 semester at an accredited college, university, or technical school.
- Return completed application package by Friday, February 16, 2018 (NO EXCEPTIONS.)
- Have maintained a 3.0 GPA based on 6 high school semesters or for your college transcript. (Unofficial transcripts accepted for college students.)
- Complete an application and personal essay.
- Attend Membership Celebration and Annual Meeting: Saturday, March 3, 2018
705 Application Package:
All applicants must submit an application package which includes:
- A completed application
- A current high school or college transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation: one of which must be from a teacher from your junior/senior year (only applies to high school seniors) or your current college professor/adviser.
- A personal essay
- To turn in application and essay: mail, fax, email, drop off, or upload completed application below.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that Section 705 has received ALL documentation needed for the application no matter the method. If you do not hear from us, we have not received your scholarship application.
You will receive a confirmation email after sending your application through the Online Application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, contact us!